DDM Buddhist College partnership with Dongshan High School for Buddhist Education
On the morning of 8 April 2009, the President of Dharma Drum Buddhist College, Venerable Hui Min signed the "Educational Partnership" contract with the President of Dongshan High School, Venerable Wu Yuan. There were nearly 200 students attending the signing ceremony for the celebration of the partnership that has the purpose of deepening the research and study of Buddhism.
The Abbot President, Venerable Guo Dong, said that because of Venerable Master Sheng Yen's strong perseverance and great compassion, the vision of a DDM Buddhist College was successfully accomplished. It was a blessed opportunity for the goal of 'uplifting the character of humanity and building a pure land on earth' to establish the educational partnership with Dongshan High School, for which both Venerable Master Dong Chu and Venerable Master Sheng Yen had paid long-term interest.
They are five fundamental items for cooperation:
1. jointly mapping the teaching curriculum between the High School and the College in Buddhist studies
2. working jointly in the research and publishing of Buddhist academic papers and information
3. mutually utilizing educational resources such as library, equipment and conference rooms
4. establishing Dongshan High School as the intern school of the DDM Buddhist College
5. promoting exchange activities such as teaching and the exhibition of products done by students.
In addition, in order to enable the students to truly understand the spirit of natural environmentalism, Venerable Hui Min led all the participants to the Zhongjai Coast for the Beach Cleaning activity.
(translated by Jin Yang/edited by DDM Australia Editing Team)