Venerable Guo Che Introduces the Sutra in Forty-Two Chapters at DDMBASF
Venerable Guo Che visited Dharma Drum Mountain Buddhist Association in San Francisco (DDMBASF) for the period of 11-25 July, 2011.
During the 15 day visit, Venerable Guo Che gave an introductory lecture on the ‘Sutra in Forty-Two Chapters’, held Chan meditation practices and conducted the ceremony for students who took refuge in the Three Jewels.
These events were held at the DDMBASF practice center located at Sunnyvale City, California.
The ‘Sutra in Forty-Two Chapters’ lecture was held in five sessions and covered the following topics:
• Eliminating Desire and Ending Seeking;
• Severing Love and Renouncing Greed;
• Clarifying Good and Evil;
• Abusing Others Backfires on Oneself;
• Twenty Difficulties;
• Encouraging the Cultivation of Peace;
• Being Mindful of Moral Precepts Brings Us Closer to the Way
At the close of the last session, Venerable Guo Che encouraged every student to practice the Dharma in daily life, to cultivate self-merit and advance one’s character.
(translated by Jin Yang/edited by DDM Australia Editing Team)